Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're almost there...



Mr. G and I have been talking about getting married for about 2 years now. We've finally gotten thru the hurdles and are ready to tie the knot soon. I've long dismissed the idea of an on bended knee proposal simply because I'm tasked to choose my own engagement ring. It's a rather fun and exciting task. Who finds looking for bling and trying on bling difficult anyway? I've found rings that called my name, made my heart skip a beat, and even make my cheeks burn red with excitement. One brand in particular took my breath away, Hearts and Arrows. I was beyond gasping and wow-ing. The ring from the H&A store looked somewhat like this...The center stone is literally almost perfect. A D colored VVS2 that's 1 carat. A whopping $10,000! Too pricey! Way too pricey!

The other ring that I saw that made me ooohh and aaahh was from Raphael Jewelry from Shang. I had a few nights dreaming of it, then realized that it was just too much for me.

(too flamboyant)

It was just too flashy and too detailed. Don't get me wrong, it's so gorgeous. Clutzy and free-spirited me would just be too scared to use it. Who would want a ring she'd be to scared to use? The price was just right, but then again... too detailed.

I think I'm ending up with a solitaire ring. Something that isn't too high maintenance. Something that isn't too common either. A 1 carat VVS2 G colored Marquise. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Patricia Alix-Villa of Fancy Girl Designs 2012

Back to TOP